Glitter Prince Designs was formed when a performer and a costume designer joined forces to create inspired designs for the spotlight. Whether you are wanting to shine onstage, glitter at a special event, or goof off at home, our purpose is to assist you in making your garment dreams a reality.
Forbes brings over thirty-five years of sewing and costuming experience to Glitter Prince Designs. Having a lifelong love of history, theatre, and military regalia, it is no wonder that costuming was the perfect career choice for him. He graduated from the three year program at the Niagara Collage Theatre Center, and has been creating costumes and historical re-creations ever since, including several years working for a large military tailor here in Toronto.
Forbes’ skill set includes many talents that are a perfect fit for Glitter Prince Designs. Over the years he has turned his hand to such things as fabric dying, millinery, and even kilt making. He is skilled in the drafting and altering of patterns, which helps to ensure that our customers get the perfect look and fit that they envision for their project.
Ryan is both a performer and a businessman. He took his first role onstage at age three and never left the spotlight. Today, he performs onstage in both male and female roles in musicals, plays, as his drag persona, Dixie Rect, and in burlesque as Sky Blew. In addition to performing, since graduating from the University of Toronto, Ryan has been integral in the founding and growth of a number of businesses.
Ryan uses his excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with clients, fully exploring all the details and delights that you wish to bring to your garment. His fanciful creativity enables the creation of beautiful full colour costume designs for your approval. His business knowledge allows Glitter Prince Designs to function efficiently, getting you what you need on time, within budget, and with perfect communication.
Glitter Prince Designs
Glitter Prince Designs is based in Toronto, Canada, and has the ability to work with clients worldwide on orders both large and small.
Our products include dance-wear, fabulous dresses for both the stage and formal events, tear-away burlesque costumes, kids clothes for all ages, swimsuits, corsets, and sleep-wear. Our clients include dance companies, drag performers, burlesque artists, cosplayers, and age players.
Every item we create is a hand-crafted original. We pride ourselves not only on the quality of our materials and workmanship, but on our unique ability to make the visions of our clients into reality.
- When you contact us either through the web form or by email at GlitterPrinceDesigns@gmail.com, our creative team will meet with you via suitable methods to discuss all of the aspects of the project including design, fabrics, budget, construction, timeline, etc. From there, we will create a quote and a detailed sketch if applicable for your approval.
- Once we receive a 50% deposit and have your measurements, we begin! This may include
- Creating a custom pattern specifically for your project
- Gathering materials
- Sewing and creating your custom project
- If you’re local, you have the option to do a fitting to ensure everything is perfect
- Once the garment is finished, we will send you photos and ask for the remaining balance and shipping fee.